A filter cell takes a dataframe as an input, filters it based on your configurations, and returns a dataframe that can be used downstream in your Hex project. The configured filters can also be added to an app, allowing app users to interact with the filters.
Using Filter cells
- Create a Filter cell by clicking on the "Transform" dropdown, and then selecting "Filter".
- Choose a source dataframe, and then configure the filters to select your data. The available filters will vary depending on your data type. Note that:
- You can configure multiple filters and filter groups
- Text filters are case-insensitive by default. This can be adjusted using the "Aa" icon.
- By default, you are choosing which rows to keep. You can also choose to remove these rows by adjusting the "Keep rows" option in the footer to "Remove rows".
- Optionally view the compiled SQL from the icon in the top right hand corner.
- Use the filter result in downstream cells, such as Table Display, Chart cells and Pivot cells. Note that filter cells do not show the results by default.
Duplicate Filter cells as SQL
Filter cells can be duplicated as SQL cells, allowing you to adjust the SQL to suit your needs.
Add Filter cells to an App
To add a filter cell to an app, use the "Add to app" shortcut in the top-right-hand corner of the cell.
When viewing your project from the App Builder view, you can configure whether an app user can configure all parts of the filter (including editing, adding, removing and rearranging filters), or just edit the value input of each filter.